Fox forks seized help or advice please!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi just been out on a dusk/nightish ride on my 29er all going well then a graunching sound from the forks then no movement! Got off tried compressing them and all I got is a graunch! Dialled in the lockout on the forks and limped home. When I got back I let all the air out of the forks (some oil came out of the valve not much but some) and still they wont compress. The forks in question are Fox Float 29 evolution series. Is it a case of getting them serviced or is this more serious...

Help appreciated

Doug

Can't help on the cause, but can highly recommend J Tech for servicing. He kept my 36's working well.

How old are the forks? Have you ever dropped the lowers and given them some TLC? Fox are famous for their super short service intervals.

Re:

Well I managed to get them moving again and re pressurised and they seem to be ok at the mo...it felt like there was a bit of grit or something caught in the wiper or something. Still think they could benefit from a service so still on the lookout for a reliable company...how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Doug

A service with postage back with be around £110 from J Tech or Loco assuming that they just need oil and seals. Mojo are more expensive.

Might be worth doing yourself a lowers service.
Takes about 20 minutes and gives you a chance to inspect the main load bearing bits and check for damage.

It's recommended to do the lowers every 15-25 hours iirc.
If you find anything nasty, it'll be time to send them off.

Latest posts

Back