cannondale jekyll hose guide issues...help!

SteveKlein

Old School Hero
So I've recently got hold of a cannondale Jekyll 600 frame and forks which I've slowly been bolting bits and pieces to. I'm now at the stage of fitting some avid discs to the bike and the problem I have is that the hydraulic hose doesn't stay in the hose guides in the frame. The guides on the frame seem too big for the hose.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can sort this problem out.

Re:

IIRC my old Jekyll had some plastic split grommets/sheaths that you fitted over the hose and then slid into the guides.
It's possible I have some in my toolbox as I swapped to goodridge hoses that were thicker and I don't think they needed them.

Re:

If you do have them Loxy would you be prepared to part with them or would you know where I could find some.

Re:

Try SJS if Loxy doesn't have any look finding some. ;)

My Cube frame uses the same things. little plastic tubes which go round the hose.

Re: Re:

SteveKlein":1mbyku2f said:
If you do have them Loxy would you be prepared to part with them or would you know where I could find some.

I'll have a look tonight & they're yours if I can find them.

Re:

I've found 2, is that enough?
Also got 2 unsplit ones for gear cables.
Pm me your address and I can pop them in the post tomorrow.

My guess for the name is a ferrule or split ferrule?!!

Re:

Loxy your a diamond! :D I need four but if you put what you've found in the post I can make the two unsplit ones fit!!

I love this site :D :D :D :D :D

(just pm'd ;) )

Re:

just found an American forum where they have suggested running the hose loosely through the guides, marking where the guides are on the hose and removing the hose and wrapping with insulation tape at those points!! It seems like a bodge to me but has anyone done it this way??

The cannondale looks bargain basement enough without wrapping things in electrical tape too :LOL:

Back