Silver finishing kit suggestions

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've just bagged a Sanderson Life frame off ebay that I am going to build up with the XT kit off my Cube LTD Race along with the Sun RIngle wheels off it and Formula R1 brakes.

Rather than using the black finishing kit off the Cube, I'd like to fit a silver bar, stem & seat post. I have a USE post and suitable shim, but need a stem and bar.

The Thomsom 4X looks good but other than that I'm a bit stumped. I don't know much about modern kit so can anyone suggest some options?

I'm looking for a retro style look if possible with a leaning towards XC use.

Cheers folks

Re:

:D

What about bars? Thomson only do black unless you go for their Ti offerings and last time I checked I wasn't Donald Trump!

Raceface did mirror polished versions of their stems a few years ago.
Also consider road stems if 1 1/8th bars.

Re:

Would have to be Ritchey Classic for me. Nice shiny finish with classic looks. Probably what I'll be using on a build for the wife soon.

Re:

Thanks for the suggestions chaps.

I'd better work out what length stem I need. I can be making a decision on which brand to go with in the meantime.

What about bars? Are the On One risers OK, there seems to be limited choice in silver these days.

I could go with straight bars and bar ends I guess. I'll have to try some of the ones I have (all black :roll: ), and see how I get on.

Cheers again.......keep the ideas coming. :D

I usually find risers more comfortable (prolly don't ride enough) and last time I looked the On-One risers were dirt cheap! If you stick with 27.2mm Thomson + shim and stem you can always keep em for next build when you get bored of this one :D

Obviously Hope silver headsets are great, as are the seatclamps and wheel QRs, so you could get BB & stem to match but IMO their stems are ugly.

Re:

There is a black hope headset with the frame, so I'll stick with that and a black seat clamp. Might try some silver wheel QRs though instead of the red ones that I have. I think I have a Hope front in silver......just need a rear to match.

I think the seat post is 27.2 anyway, so the Thomson seat post idea is a good one. ;)

Easton Haven are about the sexiest silver bars I have seen recently.

Seen here with a Thomson stem.

IMG_0152_zpsb0c5513f.jpg

Also seen these Answers, but they come up a bit purple/pink. It is surprisingly tough to get silvers to match! :?

IMG_0601_zps0e38dba1.jpg

Back