Possible old school....

Jono_blackheart

Old School Hero
Folks,
Sort of a sad day - my GT STS 2000 has gone off to pastures new :)

the good news is one of my old bikes has come back home!

It's a Merlin (UK!) tange double butted frame (anodised, so still in really good order, but I can;t remember when I bought it originally (other than *ages ago*).

Anyone know how to date the UK merlin frames?

My Merlin TDB is a 97, kinda a bronzey finish with twisted down tube.

I have some afs in old 97 mags. Do you have a PIC?

Ah-ha!

I think you have the posher version... Mine is just Tange double butted, but like yours is anodised (i think - def not paint :) ) also a bronze-like colour.

1 1/8 headset, wishbone rear stays and ritchey drop outs.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow, but she is in a bit of a bad state, given that I striped bits to build up the sts for my mate :)

It didn't have a spec,as I bought it as a frame and built it up from what can only be described as an eclectic mix of bits (originally sachs wavies and a each centera rear mech - the front is an STC-RC,a stye sachs one died ...)

funny thing is - I bought it form new, but can;t quite remember *when*

Spring 1997 Merlin ad from Mountain Bike World mag.

mtbw019%20%28Large%29.jpg

mtbw020%20%28Large%29.jpg

Interesting - yours has the wishbone rear end like mine, but the adverts are all non-wishbone, plus I don't have a cable-hanger, but no disk mount. The logo is not the green-cloaked ghost-like thing on the

guessing mine is later than yours...

No frame material stickers on the frame, but definitely steel (magnet test!)

I got back from work late, so difficult to picture the bike in the dark/state that is the garage - pics on the weekend - possibly!

Might give them a call to see if they can track it down.

Back