lefty help

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just got back from a ride and thought I was being chased by an angry sparrow, realised the noise was coming from my front wheel. Took the wheel off to find that the bearings in the lefty hub are on their last legs. Anyone know where the best place to get new bearings from? Plus are they easy to repplace?

Cheers

Ebay or qwerty cycles.
Personally I normally use qwerty for 'dale spares as they are fast and very knowledgable.
Mine badly need done as well. I think you just knock then out from the opposite side and then use a socket to help press them back in.

try cleaning and regreasing them.

price off the seal with a jewellers screwdriver, was out with white spirit, pack with grease and refit seal.

if that fails, it is new bearing time. they should be a standard size so once you know what that is, order them from simplybearings.

As clubby says replace them, wouldn't bother trying to regrease them if they are making a noise, they're effed.
Got mine here, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Bearing-f ... 231b4f49a2
Fitted them last July, they survived 2 weeks in Chamonix and lots of riding since. When you fit them, just be careful not to damage seals, use the correct size sockets to knock them in. Don't forget to put the plastic seal back in that goes between the disc side bearing and disc.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back