i hate some of you, you've made me want one of these . . .

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View

Peacock Groove - NAHBS 2013 by ElvisMerckx, on Flickr

here's a link to a bit about this bike:-

http://votsketm.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/ ... h-box.html

i don't need a fat bike, frankly i don't need any more bikes at all, but want doesn't care about "need".

fat bikes are a weird one, but the reason i want one is because they simply make me smile! :D and every time i see someone on a fat bike they are smiling, i have only ever ridden one, this one:-

P1100017 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

it was only a spin around a car park in Moab though, but yep, massive smile on my face, it belonged to Dave Levey, owner/fabricator at Ti Cycles, i'd love one of his bikes at some point, he makes some really cool stuff, he's a problem solver aswel as a builder in steel and titanium, really decent guy and a pleasure to ride bikes with.

any way, i find this whole Fat bike thing bouncing around in my mind, i am not about to just buy something though, this thread is about indulging the idea but i have chosen the brand i want (if i am lucky enouh to afford one).

Peacock Groove :D

i have a theory about bikes and buying which is you need a connection to the brand, i don't understand people who buy stuff without knowing a bit about it. sometimes it's a brand cool factor, sometimes it's a person.

with Fat bikes, for me, it is Erik Noren at Peacock Groove, to me his attitude to building bikes and his almost outlandish personality suits specifically this type of bike.

i met Erik at Nahbs last year, i saw his bike and was drawn to it mainly because of the paint, bright yellow, with glitter with the ratfink style "lunch box" logos, i also watched it get pin striped at the show which was cool to see. bright colours i think are perfect for fatbikes because they suit the madness of the design and considering the smile factor of the design a dull colour would just not suit!

anyway, i talked to Erik via facebook the other day, and he said "i'll build you a killer fat bike!", if i can get to nahbs 2015, i'll be taking a deposit.

:facepalm:

Re: i hate some of you, you've made me want one of these . .

Love the Evil Dead bike! - now THAT'S a splatter paint job! :cool:

wasn't paint, it was blood, yes really. :shock:

jonnyboy666":2zybkbho said:
wasn't paint, it was blood, yes really. :shock:

:shock: Geezuz :shock:

Raises a few question's, doesn't it...

They say that the blood on the Evil Dead bike's frame is courtesy of the custom chain it uses.

Saw-Chain-0-404-3-8-0-325-.jpg

i read somewhere in one of the articles about that bike (nahbs 2012) that most of the paint was done but then some blood was applied splatter style then had lacquer put over it, was from a local butcher or something though, Erik didn't murder anyone for it!

loads of really cool things on it though, there is an axe wound to the head tube, the logos have been broken as if to suggest it has been battered.

the really annoying thing is Erik currently has a fat bike frame going really cheap, $650, f+f, if i wasn't being made redundant i'd have been on the phone already as it's my size, his prices like most other frame builders are alot higher than 650! but he needs the money to fix his truck before driving from Minneapolis to Charlotte for nahbs 2014 so he's offered it for the cost of his truck repair! so someone is getting a bargain.

evil dead chain :cool: but :shock:

Attachments

• evil dead chain.jpg
    evil dead chain.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,100

More pic's of the dead bike...

Love the peacock drop outs and your not far off with that chain RB! ;)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,087
  • imagesCAL7F07P.jpg
    imagesCAL7F07P.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,087
  • imagesCAWJWG6G.jpg
    imagesCAWJWG6G.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,087
Back