Rebas Remote lock not returning.

mattrixdesign2

Retro Guru
I reckon this is a simple one. Was just coming to the end of my ride at Coed Llandegla and I noticed my forks remote lock would not release to "off" after being "on". Just got back from work tonight and had a look. Stripped the cable and replaced it as it was fraying, but not in the housing. It seems the remote lock is no longer working (should it click back on its own or is it pulled back by the release on the forks?), could it be it needs cleaning near the crown of the forks. Its only 13months old and not exactly abused, but certainly bathed in mud.

I am sure its an easy one, just reluctant to fiddle with things that may not need fiddling with!

From the age, they sound like the same forks as my brothers.

I know little about them but he tells me two common problems that give this fault :

• Oil / lubricant / dirt in the handlebar lever - should be completely dry.
• Return spring in fork breaks.

My brothers did the first - a degrease and dry fixed his.

Good luck :D

WD :D

Yeah but that's what messed my bro's up - GT85 ! He reckons that part just needs run run 'dry' but clean.

He did say if he ever gets the chance to remove it and go to the manual adjust he would ...

Also told me that in general, the manual versions are more expensive suggesting they are becoming more sought after - maybe due to problems with the remote adjust ?

Oh I see. Never used WD on it before, I just though it would help flush out the grit and lubricate the plastic! Bike needs a good clean, and I will see what happens. Cable and outer been flushed out and greased. I think one thing it not returning right, either the switch on the fork or the remote thing, which is only cheap plastic.

There is an Allen Key bolt thing where the fork lock out is on the crown... can this be messed with for maintenance? Going to have to read up on forks me thinks. I bought the bike because it had "decent" forks.

My brother is in Warrington to, perhaps it's something in that hard water of yours ... :LOL:

Let us know what you find - I will pass the info back to him ;-)

Cheers,

Aye will do. You can't blame the local water, it only gets ridden at Coed, Rivington, Edale etc... use the CX around here, its flat :) Mind you it could be the water from the hose! Bloody cheap water.

No I am a poor orphan. Unfortunately there is only those places I know of at the moment, maybe I will venture out to Bury at some point. Either way my fork is still only partly functioning.

Back