middleburn, is it my imagination or . . .

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
. . . are they pretty much only available special order from shops or via ebay?

i ask as i'm looking for a new set, i looked on the website, not the most helpful as they don't list all the prices, so i looked at the dealer locator, there are a few dealers but i know the hampshire ones and none of those shops will have them in stock, so then i google it, no obvious stockists generally, out of curiosity i looked on amazon, all the options they gave were via ebay.

i realise the internet can be hard to beat but even CRC and wiggle seem to have binned the brand.

:?

I was thinking the same - middleburn dealers seem very few and far between. I think it might be because as far as i can work out they don't seem to have a UK distributor.
Just bought a new xtype chain set through Active Sport. They do have a shop in Buxton but whilst their Internet prices are very reasonable their shop prices are expensive. It annoys me when shops do that.

Going through the same pain trying to find chainrings for my 2x10 project. I hear RaceFace calling now as am bored trying to find what I want.

As far as I recall, there was a falling out with CRC as they were undercutting Middleburn's own site & Middleburn then ceased the supply deal with CRC. What's odd though, is that anywhere you can physically buy one, the prices seem to be 25-30% over what Midds themselves charge from their own website.
I realise that times are tough, but it seems like either the dealers are trying to whack up the margins, or they are paying over the odds direct from Middleburn - which may be why nobody's that keen on stocking them..

well, believe it or not i did contact them direct via the website, that was about a month ago, still waiting :roll: which does annoy me a bit as i love the cranks but lack of reply to a couple of basic questions tarnishes the thought of buying them, in comparison, white industries got back to me with in a day.

active sport do seem to be the main place to get them though so that might be the way.

Royce engineering are listed as a dealer and i know cliff but i think he'd rather sell me his own cranks and i'd rather not go through the "why buy his but not mine?" conversation.

Not sure about active sport, bought some biymts from them on Nov 25th and still not arrived. I've followed up by email and on the phone and they've not been very helpful, quoting the delivery time they have already now exceeded by more than double.

I'll second RJC Extreme.

Do an internet search on Active Sport before buying anything from them.
I wouldn't go near them.

Back