Looking for a retro DH Racer Frame

VortexRing6

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I've recently sold my Ironhorse Sunday racer and bought a '61 Landy series 2 as a project (which is coming along great) I however have after 3 months without Sunday, some huge withdrawal symptoms!
Now, what I'd like, really like! Is a frame and I'm thinking a) Giant ATX one or b) Raleigh DHO. I've had a few days on the net trying to locate these but to no avail and even have friends in Oz and US doing the same - does anyone know of any of these frames are available at all?!

This is a great site, thanks everyone!

Alex

Hiya, welcome to the forum :)

Stick a post up in the wanted section (if you haven't already done so). There was an ATX one for sale on here not so long ago ;)

welcome!

The Raleigh DHOs were reasonably rare at the time, so are even harder to find in decent condition working condition now but I have seen a couple pop up in the last few years, there's a thread on here somewhere froma chap doing a rebuil on one I believe..(Google will help you find it :))

The ATX's on the other hard were much much more common, but...used to crack....a lot! so again, finding one in good condition may be a struggle, but if I were a betting man I'd say you had a better chance that the DHO...

If you're into Intense's at all then I have a Uzzi DH frame for sale... ;-)

Ha! I've got £1500 in brand new parts for it as well as a complete reworked gas ported elec ignition original engine, full set of off road wheels with Turbo Insa's and a full bespoke interior! It's going to be amazing.

Ah cool, she sounds sweet! I've owned a 49 series1 and a 68 2A and just fancy another old Landy. Yeah lobos are ace.

Back