Titanium Explosif

Not really a proper one though is it.. It just a name now with no relation to what it used to be and what it meant.

FluffyChicken":9ts5a9vr said:
Not really a proper one though is it.. It just a name now with no relation to what it used to be and what it meant.

Strangely enough that is exactly what I thought :!: :!:

i have to say i feel the same, they re-used the hei hei name as a full suss, i think that was a mistake aswel.

i'm not saying this is a bad frame, certainly not my cup up tea but i think that using the explosif name is wrong.

what does surprise me though is the ISCG mounts on the BB shell, which suggests a more abuse orientated bike, but titanium tends to be bought by more XC orientated people, also by people who can afford titanium, meaning not usually younger people, younger people who might want the ISCG mount might not beable to afford titanium so to me the ISCG mounts seem pointless.

on another note, i hate adjustable drop outs with a rear mech mount, screams indecisiveness from the designers.

I am a bit of a Luddite and I really don't understand this bent downtube obsession manufacturers have now, could some one enlighten me as to the supposed advantages :?:

aesthetically i tend to agree, i think it looks rubbish. advantages, stiffness and fork clearance are 2 things i can think of.

jonnyboy666":397rt547 said:
aesthetically i tend to agree, i think it looks rubbish. advantages, stiffness and fork clearance are 2 things i can think of.

Fair point on the advantages but I don't think it is worth the aesthetic price myself same as you ;)

jonnyboy666":1fpp6b8h said:
i have to say i feel the same, they re-used the hei hei name as a full suss, i think that was a mistake aswel.

i'm not saying this is a bad frame, certainly not my cup up tea but i think that using the explosif name is wrong.

I agree 100%. Nice enough frame (love the retro decals) but to use the Explosif name is just wrong, period.
Same goes for the Hei Hei full sus, it's just wrong.
Last of the great classic steel Explosif's was the '99 and then came (shudder) scandium. But that was also around the same time Kona's started losing their beauty IMO.

Back