Kids bike for Xhristmas

jitensha

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hiya,
I have an 8 year old boy who is in need of a new bike since growing out of the one we bought him a couple of years ago.

At first I thought about building him one, then considered trying to find a tiny framed Mtb before finally thinking that maybe a BMX would suit?

Its awfully difficult to find a quality child sizd bike/components without spending a stack of money. Im seriously thinking about getting this for him:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hoff ... -prod72472

Any thoughts on the subject?

My advice after a lot of searching....Islabikes...yes they are pricey but you get a light bike that will encourage your young rider to get into bikes...and when they outgrow it? They have a great resale value so you can get your money back. Buy quality thats my opinion...

Doug

wookiee":kmfd0532 said:
My advice after a lot of searching....Islabikes...yes they are pricey but you get a light bike that will encourage your young rider to get into bikes...and when they outgrow it? They have a great resale value so you can get your money back. Buy quality thats my opinion...

Doug

Yes Islabikes or a decent BMX.

Thanks Wook. I did look at islabikes but the price did put me off a bit. I've just gone and bought a 2nd hand BMX. I don't know a great deal about them.. and I hope it fits him but there we are.

hoffman make some good bikes and have been around for ever, i know you have one now but the race bmxs are mainly alloys an very light might find an older one of them cheap,

Back