Santa Cruz Gurus 2001/2 Bullit with 6inch fork (colour too)

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
EDIT, subject moved to fork length!!! :D see below

So I was reading in bed trying to decipher what year my neglected Bullit project is. You know those things you just HAVE to do before sleep! Seems like 2001/2 before the 2002.5 revisions apparently.
There was a list of colours that I've not managed to find since. :roll:

And these days I'm more purist sensitive than full on custom so what colour did these come in?
Mines black, and Rootbeer was an option

and are new SC down tube decals available easy...?

Cheers

Re: Santa Cruz Gurus, original colours 2001/2 Bullit?

A scan of the catalogue I got with my 01 may help

But from memory you could have either a whole colour scheme or a mixture I.e. Yellow mainframe - polished rear end

Stock colours
Sid Blue, Scuba Yellow, Gun metal Grey, Metallic Blue, Black, Red, White

Upgrade over stock
Transparent Red, Polished, Sky Blue, Apple Green

I got Black in the first 01's available before being custom powdered Red. My 97 heckler was Scuba Yellow before being badly sprayed black

New decals are available with your frame number from Stif, from Gil M on here or from dodgy blokes on ebay

Easy way to tell year is pre 2002 had Fox RC with a 200x57 rear shock and 165 rear disk max (185 if you run a big un and are brave), 02 till 05 was 5th Element rear shock with 205 disk capability on the rear

The new ones were a different shape frame

Thanks Boxxer, wow that's quite a choice isn't it. When I knew little I planned on a battleship or gun metal grey.

After a brief google image session, I like the look of White, and white with polished rear, though transparent red sounds good too...

I think you commented on my short lived thread actually, I'm unsure of age, it has a Fox shock but apparently that was fitted after, no side gussets and bend in seat tube I think. Will bump my thread soon if I get busy with it.

many thanks for your help

Sid blue...best colour they did! I had a Chameleon in that colour and it looked fab. The Bullit looked good in the line green too.

After that, trans blue and red are ace (if a bit late).

Candy Apple Red with Metallic Flakes, show that baby off. Anything that makes peoples heads turn when you're flying past.

Kind Regards

Liam

Candy is one of my current faves. Either candy with polished swinger and silver decal or all candy. Or white. Or stealthy black. But got a few black bikes now n it is special...

Re: Santa Cruz Gurus 2001/2 Bullit with 6inch fork (colour t

Fork length?
:
My Z1 ETA RC2 is 150 mm 6inch of travel. I actually bought this fork on a whim for this frame. At the time i was thinking of making the rear less than 7" some how?

the Z1 is 538 axle to crown so quite long, argualble too long for my Bfe its currently fitted to in many situations though folks say its well suited to hard tails (cue Mindmap posting cash to me!) it should be plenty for a classic FR sus frame?

course being bright Orange I'd have to stick to black, white or blue on the Bullit frame

Or just sell the forks to me. That would be the best thing to do...

On a serious note, it should work fine on your Bullit, although Marzocchi's do tend to be a bit longer so it will exaggerate the old school geometry a bit. A mate ran 66's on his Bullit and it never slowed him down.

:D :D

Well I was looking to 66's and briefly bid on some, basically about 20mm longer than mine so should be good.
I do get a bit of sag out of mine but most of the time I'm doing that on purpose I think.

cheers

(I've found something lighter and 130 that might work better for my Bfe and at the end of the day th efleet is a giant Meccano set surely!)

Back