Cannondale Prophet - Change to Fox Talis or stay with Lefty

Woodyuk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi

I am in a bit of a pickle here and can not decide what to do :facepalm: so thought I would put up a thread here to see if anyone with a Cannondale Prophet has any opions... :roll:

My Lefty forks on my Phrophet have had there best days and i need to replace them so now I am considering either replacing them with a set of FOX Talis forks 120-150 or replacing them with some new Lefts??
I quite like the fact that the Talis have a rinding position and a climbing position but really do like the look of the lefty fork :facepalm:

Anyone riden both and have a preference ? I am thinking the ride might be better with the Fox forks ?

Re: Cannondale Prophet - Change to Fox Talis or stay with Le

difficult. i have ridden lefty and fox floats rlc (so not talas) - the fox is a superb fork; both have lockouts. not sure that I would recommend but I would keep the lefty on a cannondale.

Had the same problem with my lefty , so was lucky enough to find a USE SUB fork and wheel for just over £220 . all parts are available of the shelf and no special tools needed ,ok there is no lock out ,but it is as good if not better than a lefty ,boy does it look Coooool and like you am going to try to make some tools to rebuild the Lefty fork and put it on a Cannondale Delta Vee , :LOL:
dscf0365f.jpg

Not an exact comparison I know but I had a 'Dale Rush fitted with Fox RL and 9mm dropouts. Compared to my other bike with a 20mm axle / fork it was a bit twangy on rocky descents. When back in the cave I could hold the front wheel between my knees and "twist" the bars. I remember thinking that I wish I'd payed the extra and bought the lefty model thereby getting the best from the oversized head tube.
The new Fox with a different axle may cure this though.
I've just gone out to the cave and tried twisting the bars on the 'Dales replacement, [a 29er with 100mm tapered Rebas and 15mm axle], there is some movement but not much so it seems that axle choice is key.
Not shure if I'd helped you with you're choice but good luck any way.

Cheers for Info ..

Still cna not decide ... My Prophet is a 2006 so the Lefty is pretty old and was always too springy.. :? . Think I might need to go and test a new lefty first before deciding if to switch

I like the Lefty, but the Prophet looks pretty good with normal forks.

I wouldn't go with a Talas forks though; I've never liked the action because it feels sticky compared to a Float or a Vanilla. A 32 Fox will feel twangy after your Lefty so I'd look at a 34 or a 36.

I'd go for the Fox, although probably Floats over Talas as I've always found them a bit plusher early in the travel. Have you considered DT XMM140's? I had a pair and prefered them to Fox tbh. They have an 'uphill mode' as well if that's what you want. Some good deals about atm too.

Back