DIY Cannondale Castle Tool ? MADE ONE!!

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone had any experience making one of these or found something that will the same job.

Inspiration required pls as the legit dealer tools seem to be silly money....that's if you can even find one.

ta

Re: DIY Cannondale Castle Tool ?

I have seen a shimano cassette removal tool used in videos on youtube, not tried it myself

Hi thanks....yeah that's just to remove the top cap....still needs a castle tool to remove the air/oil cartridge or the elastomer/spring

steelcat":1qcx9w4y said:
I have seen a shimano cassette removal tool used in videos on youtube, not tried it myself

seem quoite expenise ... I was gonna suggest grinding down a socket of the correct diameter, as somebody has already done. but it looks like a steel tube could be modified - dp you know the outer diameter of this?

535061d1271039839-castle-tool-dscn0694.jpg

Thanks for that..I had similar thoughts initially...probably a bit OTT though. I have settled on a bit of alu tubing 1" wide, 3.3mm thick walls and 10cm long (ebay :D ) . Will fashion the small castle bits with the Dremel then drill a hole horizontally through it at the top so I can stick a metal rod (or screwdriver) through as a lever.

Assuming I don't balls it up I'll post up the results. :D

how tight it the thing you are undoing? will aluminium be tough enough? I guess you'll soon find out, shouldn't take too long to make being a soft metal.

Mmmm dunno yet...but the nut thing is made out of ally so I didn't really want to make it out of anything harder. The bit of tube arrived off eBay...it's 3.5mm thick so should be strong enough.

Will post up the results once I've made it :)

02gf74":p1n5the1 said:
how tight it the thing you are undoing? will aluminium be tough enough? I guess you'll soon find out, shouldn't take too long to make being a soft metal.

Right then.......so it aint that pretty and its not that well made........but it works!!! Headshock now in bits and ready for new elastomers :cool:

I am well pleased ......total cost £4.95!

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,838

Latest posts

Back