used DMR V8 pedals - axle play

konahed

Kona Fan
I have some well used V8 pedals and there is some axle play, is it possible to fix them with new bearings?

Rebuild might sort them out. Depends on how much play an how long they have been riden like that

new bearings and rebuild will sort them out, simples with a pedal spanner and the right size socket, pack of with loads of grease. i have found that getting the preload on the bearings right can take a few attempts but they are a very simple pedal

Even if the new bearings don't eliminate the play, maybe a metal sleeve can sort it out?

Inspect all the balls, cups and cones - if all good once cleaned a rebuild will indeed sort them out. Fiddly job. You'll need a 12mm socket and a 15mm open spanner, and a flat screw driver comes in handy for holding the cone in place when tightening the locknut IIRC.

Dead Rats":hpdeu796 said:
Inspect all the balls, cups and cones - if all good once cleaned a rebuild will indeed sort them out. Fiddly job. You'll need a 12mm socket and a 15mm open spanner, and a flat screw driver comes in handy for holding the cone in place when tightening the locknut IIRC.

Looks like I need a special tool to undo the cone nut.

Back