best full suspension bike for £ 200-£300

orangeone

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
im going to treat myself to a bew bike in the next month or so. So I was wondering what the best full suspension bike for £200-£300 :D

When you say new you mean new to you and thus second hand. You'll only get BSO full sus for that money new.
I'd say what Wookie says is a good choice or anything from GT.

I concur with Mr Wookie too. I spotted 2 East Peaks that failed to raise £50 a piece earlier this year on eBay, both 100% complete and very underused judging by the pix. The frames are really light and strong, you might want to budget a bit for a fork upgrade and check the air shocks, I had one fail suddenly. If you buy just the frame, try to get the rear shock with it as it is a size that is becoming harder to find as a coil shock. Some of the air shocks cost your budget new.

Bit of patience should net you a decent quality bike for that budget, my favourite hunt would be Gumtree for a local pickup garage find that needs a little fettling.

I'd keep away from any GT XCR Idrive thing. They'll be within budget but are no fun at all. I got one in 1999 and it put me off bikes for 6 years!

I'd get the most modern bike you can as technology has moved on at pace. Don't know for sure but wouldn't be suprised to see a Boardman FS coming in around £300 second hand?

Tempted? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321230481811? ... 1438.l2649

$(KGrHqV,!mEFJLwftozrBSYG)oNNdQ~~60_12.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back