300 quid shorts anyone?

You could by a bike for that - quite a nice retro bike anyway...

In the first picture, he looks like he's trying to squeeze one out (for want of a better expression)...

I know asos make nice stuff - apparently - could never justify the cost (without even *thinking* of asking the misses) so have never had any

I guess the law of diminishing returns is in full effect here....

Strangely enough, I have just come back from Aldi and picked up a new winter top (with back pockets!), so I guess I *might not* be there demographic :oops:

Of course, if someone want to donate a new pair to me for testing/review, I'll be more than happy to write something!

Just another example of the trend started by Rapha and SRAM Red...
To misquote 'Field of Dreams': charge it and they will pay. :shock:

They both brilliantly entered a busy market at the top of the existing price range and have managed to stretch their pricing well away from other similar products with good marketing to the money-no-object/most expensive=best undiscriminating rich.

5x the retail price, maybe only 2x the production cost, 50% markup = 8x the profit per unit, so you can afford to only sell 1/8 of the numbers, and the high rollers love the exclusivity. Less work and capital investment etc for the same money.

All the best,

I must admit I have a fair pile of assos stuff. and have just got a winter jacket and tights.i see many people paying thousands for bikes but will not invest anything in some nice clothes. and what can be worse than a sore ass 30 miles from home.

or you could go for some pastle shaded rapha gear

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rapha-Hi-Vis- ... 4aca92f2a1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That does seem like a crazy amount to spend on a pair of shorts, but if people buy them they're not too expensive I guess. Roadies gear does seem pretty expensive.

20 years ago I splashed out on a pair of Assos bib shorts , £40 ! Since then , used Castelli , which has now become too expensive , and now Santini which isn't , and lasts too . Trade team kit is always worth checking out at the end of the year sales too . No merchant banker wants to wear last years kit do they . :facepalm:
Easy to spot , they will be riding £5k bikes and not 60kg wet through
Mike ;)

Back