Custom forks

bod

Old School Hero
Hi,
I'm looking at getting some new forks for my commuter bike (it's based on a custom made ti frame though so not your usual beater), at the moment it has double butted Project 2s but they were built for disc brakes (I'm using V-brakes) so are pretty stiff and make the ride harsh. Has anyone gone down the custom fork route and if so which would they recommend.
After a quick search I could only find one builder in the UK able to make them and that was Dave Yates who offered some unicrowns in 631. I'm not sure they'd build up in to something much different though. Looking at the Reynolds site the 631 forks use a 1/0.6 butt profile but they could be designed for disk brakes and would be pretty much the same as my Project 2s I imagine.
Any thoughts, abuse or opinions would be welcome.
Matt

I just had a look on eBay, some seem to sell as high as 100 quid! Think they were 40 quid in the sale, crazy...I've got a spare pair in the original packaging in the loft.
If I can find some lighter and more flexible ones I'll flog them both, just not sure what to get or if it'll even be worth it.

Ooh yeah, I'd been eyeing up the Vicious forks, the tapered ends look nice and flexy.
Cheers guys,
Matt

Latest posts

Back