Bomber Z4 advice?

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive got an old pair of Bomber Z4 Flylight air forks(around 2001) that have very few miles on them but seem to have gone near solid. They've been left in the garage for a while not used. Ive decieded to try and use them on a cheap build Im going to do for my brother in law. What I want to know is how difficult is it to take an air bomber apart? Ive recently refreshed a set of 95' Judys, so im not completely clueless and handy with a spanner. Is this going to be possible or should I just use another fork?

Marzocchi have manuals for most of their forks on their website. Including the 2001 Z4 as I downloaded it when I had a set.

Tazio":2n17j79y said:
Marzocchi have manuals for most of their forks on their website. Including the 2001 Z4 as I downloaded it when I had a set.
Found some on endure seals website, never had anything air sprung apart before, always remember reading foxs manual for the float shocks and seeing possible injury splashed all over the place from taking them apart. Wondering with the problems I have with mine if I should have anything to worry about (fork seems to have 5mm travel and fully extended, as if over pressurised, even with no air in).

Took em to pieces tonight, easy enough to do, they seem to be working well enough now, suppose only time will tell! Im sure they will be fine once on the bike, which will be built, hopefully within the next few days.

Back