Best 29er MTB around £5-600

swannymere

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Friends been asking about Hybrids, i've managed to steer him towards a 29er with road friendly tyres he wants disc brakes and fork lockout and he likes the Cannondale Trail 4 29er, Trail 4 SL 29er, any others he should consider? I thought a GT Karakoram 3.0 any experience or opinions?

He wants something off the shelf and not a build and he's old school, as far as he's concerned if the brand didn't exist in 1995 they don't exist now! He just wouldn't be interested. Cheers anyway.

If he wants a full build and value for money it's had to look past Canyon. Their specs are miles better than anything else in that price. He'd get a proper fork as well as a higher end drive train (I.e SLX versus Avera and Alivio).

If you compare a Rockhopper 29er against the latest Canyon Yellowstone the difference in spec is mind blowing. I know what I'd choose despite brand loyalties and preconceptions.

Cheers for that, they do look very good value but he's decided on a Cannondale SL4 29er which looks alright to me, he going for a test ride tomorrow. Cheers chaps.

I don't know what the 0+ signifies, but it added to my basket all the way to the checkout page for card details, so it seems they have one in stock. Odd it doesn't say so unless you try to buy more than one.

Back