Professional shock and fork servicing

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone do this and who do you use?

On my main ride I have an RP23 on the rear and some Revelation RLT Ti on the front. When I got the forks used ages ago they had just been done and a year later I got them done by TFTuned who supplied them to the original buyer. They had become sticky prior to them getting sent and the seal popped out on the non air chamber leg. They fixed them and serviced them and I was reasonably happy with them but they rode better before. I have done the lowers with new fluid a couple of times and after a year of almost daily riding they started losing some travel.

A mate of mine told me to use Dave Garland over at Stendec to get them sorted again as he knew him through the bike business. I got in touch with him while he was at the Downhill World Champs in RSA, as he is also Danny Harts mechanic, and he said to send them in. Fitted them last night and gave them a quick blast and then sorted correct pressures out in the chambers and dialled in compression and rebound damping tonight and have to say they ride better than they ever have.

Very pleased and would recommend him. He doesn't employ anyone so you are guaranteed a professional is doing them.

TFTuned sorted out my gapped RP23 recently and that is also doing its job very well but is a Push tuned unit.

Anybody use anyone else or do you do it yourself? Too many pieces in them for me. The MoCo unit fills me with dread.

After trying and failing to get Pace to sort my DT's I sent them to TF Tuned. Superb service, start to finish. I will use them from now on.

I use J Tech and they've always does great job (I think it's only James who works there). He's done my 36's twice and my old DHX Air once. I could do my 36's myself but they're the original RC2 cartridge which has various rubber bladders that need filing and bleeding and I'm too lazy if I'm honest.

I've also used Loco once to sort my DHX Air out when it popped after a big weekend oop north. J Tech were stacked out and couldn't do it but Loco squeezed me in and reduced the air volume for me.

I've done some basic fiddling with my Cane Creek DB Air recently reducing the air volume etc and its pretty easy. Will probably get the full service dine professionally.

BertR00t":1u8bx9kt said:
Never heard of J Tech but sound good.

How is the DB Air?

James is a good guy and sees to know his stuff. He valved and tuned my forks this year and did a good job.

The DBa is really good. Certainly the best air shock that I've used and is as close to a coil shock you can get. The only downside is that you can make it ride badly be fiddling with it too much as I did. I got a tad happy with the compression settings and it was rank. I've now reduced the air volume a d an running the recommended settings for my bike and its much better. It's also quite weighty for an air shock.

Back