Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:21 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: 2004 Saracen dirt trax
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 pm 

Hi guys, new here and just after a bit of advice. Just starting to get back in to riding again and have dusted off my old saracen dirt Trax that has been sat in the garage for a long time. As soon as I got the bike in 2005 I got azonic bars and dmr v12 pedals and since getting it back out the truvativ crank gave up and fell apart so replaced with deore crankset with hollowtech bb.
After a few rides it seems to be the brakes that are letting me down as in the rain and mud they are doing what v brakes do, cables jamming up and generally loosing performance. First instinct was maguras as I had them years ago, now thinking replace the wheels with one's that have disc compatible hubs and get some hydraulic discs also opening the doors to go to 8 or 9 speed cassette in the future.
Don't want to spend a fortune as the bike is not exactly top end and I have lost touch of what is good. So am I heading in the right direction and what do u guys recommend? Also if you have what I need for sale please let me know.

Cheers all
Dave