Kona 2012 Abra cadabra

kleinalpine

Retro Guru
Thinking of possibly purchasing one, does any know what there like or know any one who rides one, looked at a million reviews online already and they seem to get a good right up, any info would be greatly appreciated? Cheers

I presume you are considering purchasing from crc? They have some massive discounts on these. On paper great but don't know anyone with one I'm afraid.

I rode a 2011 on a demo day and I loved it. It was the first time I'd ever ridden a full susser and as it didn't belong to me I went all out. I was descending far faster than on my hardtail and all the smaller rocks and roots I could normally see were just a blur. Being a novice full sus rider I found I wasn't looking far enough ahead and wasn't reacting early enough for my new found speed so kept missing my line and drifting wide (my fault not he bikes) into bad places that, on my bike, would have resulted in a pretty spectacular crash. The Kona just smashed through it all, much to my amazement, and amusement. When I took it back the Kona guy looked at the rubber band thingies on the shocks and said, "Wow you used a lot of travel" :LOL: . Very capable bike!!!

JamesM":3ei43ovv said:
I rode a 2011 on a demo day and I loved it. It was the first time I'd ever ridden a full susser and as it didn't belong to me I went all out. I was descending far faster than on my hardtail and all the smaller rocks and roots I could normally see were just a blur. Being a novice full sus rider I found I wasn't looking far enough ahead and wasn't reacting early enough for my new found speed so kept missing my line and drifting wide (my fault not he bikes) into bad places that, on my bike, would have resulted in a pretty spectacular crash. The Kona just smashed through it all, much to my amazement, and amusement. When I took it back the Kona guy looked at the rubber band thingies on the shocks and said, "Wow you used a lot of travel" :LOL: . Very capable bike!!!
Brilliant, as a full suss virgin I would have been the same :D

Back