i just got a GT Legacy Fitness series, looking for info

swadlinboi

Old School Hero
hi, i just got a GT legacy frame and was looking for info on it, its a fitness series and in a bad way needs repaint etc, i am looking for stock information or maybe a catalogue as would like to know what year it is, its a candy red, thank you

this is the frame, i got a brillo pad to it as i could see it had been repainted by previous owner badly, so thought i would clean it up and going to give it a bull burnished finish and rebuild it for my partner, but cannot find any info on the net?

Attachments

• 1003080_10153199922235293_437939518_n.jpg
    1003080_10153199922235293_437939518_n.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,063
Not sure legacy isn't a red herring. Gt are one of the biggest brands in the world and nothing on Google about them at all. It looks like a gt transeo or basic hybrid. Have you put a wheel in it? Reckon it'll be 700c.

Quite nice really, if not particularly valuable. Paint looks iffy like you say.

unless it was something that came with a specific item, it is a fitness series, so wonder if it came with purchasing a brand named multi gym, or electric treadmill? and they got GT to build them a few? i just dunno, first GT i have had that i cannot find any info on

But its a respray amd they look like cheap decals? They did fitness series hybrid bikes?

Good find!

Frame should be ok. Just deserved better than the tat on it in the pic like that chainset. Id put rigid forks on it.

Back