Joining the 'new-fangled' fad...

SouthCoastRetro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have been on the lookout for a bike for a short while now, with mixed success, but finally think my prayers have been answered...by a 29'er! Now I'll admit these are somewhat of an 'emperors new clothes' approach to biking but they seem to suit me fine, as I truly struggle with getting a good sized sensibly specced bike due to my size. I know there are other riders that are a similar disposition to me who seem to manage fine.
I will be getting a 23" framed Cube Attention 29 (2013 model cos isn't this just the best time to buy a bike)!.

I would still like to get any input from retrobikers or even fellow 29'er riders. My main riding will be just banging around in the woods, I'm no race whippet, but I am curious as to what the consensus is on these bikes...?

please, discuss....

SouthCoastRetro":1c6yern3 said:
I am curious as to what the consensus is on these bikes...?

Consensus? on 29ers? on this board? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And I you've been on this board for 3 years.

Well imho anybody that calls a 23" MTB his size will benefit from big wheels. Even if it was only in getting your bike to look "in proportion". But 29ers are no different in that you need to find the geometry and set-up that suits your riding, or your mood .... Test ride before you buy.

I've been riding all sort of 29ers the last 5 years, from steel hardtail to carbon full suspension superbike. For my general riding in the lowlands they rule supreme; fast, controlled, fun. And special mention for the rigid steel singlespeed 29er. A format that convinced me from the first outing on the trails. Compared to the same in 26" the superior traction and control of the big wheels for me makes the total add up to more that the sum of parts.

Have a go and enjoy!!

Back