X-King Supersonic 2.0 disintegrating !!!!

dicoverybmw

Retrobike Rider
I have a set of the above tyres fitted to my Orange R8, which have done only a handfull of rides, after a loop of the old railway around Rosedale Abbey on the NY moors last week I noticed I have lost around 10 of the edge knobles from the rear tyre which seems a pretty poor performance from a tyre costing upwards of £40, I've never experienced this before in 20 odd years of mountain biking with lots of different tyre brands, I did the same loop on the N.Yorks national on a proflex fitted with some re-issue tan wall smoke/dart with no issues, what do you think??? Faulty tyre or to be expected as they are a pretty lightweight tyre!!!

They are a very very light tire, made for racing. Have you locked the brakes at all? It doesn't take much to rip these apart.

I think I'm a fairly steady away/gentle rider but I did have a few tyre/rock interface moments so maybe that's what did it, anyway slung a new pair of 1.8 charge splashbacks on for now, cheap as chips, fairly light and don't look to bad either, can't do any worse than the 3 rides the continentals lasted, can they????

Back