Fox Float RLC but which one?

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Greetings all

I have been tasked with selling a new Fox fork but I am a dyed-in-the-wool RetroBiker so I am a bit at a loss figuring out the exact model. What I do know is it is a Fox Float RLC 15 mm thru axel and 26 inch wheels. What I need to know is the year, model and some specs. How do you tell if it is 32 or 34? How do you figure out the travel? The current Climb Trail Descend models have preset lockout but this one the lock out is variable?

Thanks in advance

Steven

Attachments

• Fox RLC 3 sm.jpg
    Fox RLC 3 sm.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Fox RLC 4 sm.jpg
    Fox RLC 4 sm.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 309
  • Fox RLC sm.jpg
    Fox RLC sm.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 309
The number, 32 or whatever, is the diameter of the stanchions, so you can simply measure it.

To establish the travel, ensure that any lockout function is completely off, slide the rubber band thing down to the wiper, compress the fork with all of your weight until it bottoms out, release your weight, and then measure how far the band has moved. Sorry, a bit wordy :oops:, but hopefully makes some sense.

Regards

I've just checked my theory on a set of Fox Float 32s, and had to release the air pressure to fully bottom it out, and then pump back up to calculate the full travel, so not 100% simple. Unfortunately Fox don't add much in the way of identifying marks, presumably as many of the parts are interchangeable between different models.

As a guide, the unloaded length of exposed stanchion on my Fox forks is about 10mm more than the travel.

Regards

PS: Maybe you should just give them to me, rather than worry yourself with all of this travel malarky ;)

They look like 32's to me and probably 140mm. Going by the decals I'd say they are around 2011/12 as the earlier ones were different and the 2013+ would be CTD as you suggest.

Back