The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Can anybody recommend a reliable bar mounted 'be seen' flashing light with aa/aaa batteries please.

Don't want a USB charged or button cell one. Thanks as always. Looking at a myriad on the bay. Totally befuddled.

Watching with interest.

Bright flashy flashy rear lights are easy to get at my LBS, but all the really bright little white lights cost a bomb.

So far only lezyne femto button cell and zecto USB float my boat as easily interchangeable between bikes. All aa/aaa seem to be lamp type. May have to rethink.

Zecto v bright for weight and size. Had a play in Evans and this one stood out.

Got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Power-5w ... 20d6b81605
Great light/torch/flasher. Take AAA (buy them by the ton in Poundland).

$(KGrHqZ,!hoE+EFLYFIPBP5-4nl(Sg~~60_12.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Like the value but lack of quality would make me twitch. I like precious things hence the lezyne form over function stuff. :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The History Man":19865mpd said:
Like the value but lack of quality would make me twitch. I like precious things hence the lezyne form over function stuff. :facepalm:

I have covered hundreds of road miles and also quite a few offroad miles (including Mayhem) on cheap Chinese ebay LED lights. You can pay through the nose if you like, I'll keep a few bob in my pocket thanks.

FluffyChicken: I was convinced of the effectiveness of flashing lights one morning when heading towards Street (in Somerset), as I saw the flashing headlight of a bike about a full minute (or two) before I could actually see the cyclist.

I don't use a flashing light to see, I use it to be seen, and I know as a driver just how annoying they are, that's the point!

I've been a SMIDSY victim on a motorcycle and it nearly cost me my life, I'd prefer to aviod a repeat performance on my bikes if at all possible.

Back