What V-Brake Set (levers, brakes, cables, noodles etc)?

mattrixdesign2

Retro Guru
Just looking for a good value, reliable, lightish, tough V-Brake, full set. Its to replace the unbranded ones on my lads Carrera Blast. He had an over the bar incident the other month, it bent one of the leavers and broke the noodle.

Happy to buy modern, or retro. Seen some cheap none branded eBay ones, old stuff, and the Halfords (Clarks kits).

The bike has 20 wheels, I presume V-Brake are standard???

Any weight savings are welcome, but budget it 20£.

Was looking at those on Halfords, same price! Certainly good value, problem is if they are any thing like my lads current set the adjusters are made out of soft alu and like cheese when hit hard.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just reread, you only need the levers? You can grab noodles on their own or bend your other one to shape.

The Clark's seem to be similar to the tektro so should be fine. Islabikes spec that sort of level on their kids bikes so probably the best budget ones you can get.

This'll be the sort of thing you need http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tektro-ts325a-j ... ke-levers/

You could try looking at BMX v's as they use 20" wheels to.

I was looking for a full set as the actual brakes are cheap looking pressed metal. I may just go for the Clarks setup as its not going to cost much more than new noodle, new cable, new leavers.

But the levers will be poor for small hands, they'll find the reach not so good. Just read from a search it's hard to get them close enough to the bars and still get good good distance at the rim.
Worth a try though.

Latest posts

Back