Have my forks had it?

ewanm77

MacRetro Rider
went for a ride today and noticed oil rings on my forks are they done or is it normal just never noticed it before
they are rst omega forks

Pretty much standard on RSTs
Mine went after less than a year.
Drop the lowers, new seals, fresh grease, done.
Or get something better ;)

great just what i need lol are Suntour XCR Lo any better cant spend more than 100 just now car tax due at end of the month

I was thinking about changing them for 100mm travel ones anyway but all I can find new are for 9mm qr. might try and get a set of bombers

A hundred quid will get you some pretty nice Bombers which are better forks, more reliable and very easy to service.

XCR s are heavy, undersprung and have no damping. A tub of Flora would make more effective front suspension. Only saving grace is the 32mm versions which have decent stiff stanchions.

Yeah buy second hand, I swapped out my leaky rst gilas for a £100 set of fox f100s from here after i found the rst's had a busted damper when they were apart. Nearly half the weight and fully serviceable.
Saying that, suntour forks get pretty unfair reviews, sure they're cheap, but they are pretty good for the money in my experience. But I'm a lightweight, heavier types may work em harder than me?

getting a loan of a set of ROCKSHOX TORA 302 U-TURN im limited to what i can get new because of the v brakes i really should get discs

Back