Anyone know what a Ridgeback Speed R is?

marge602

Retro Guru
Hi folks. I might well be in the wrong section, but I have a Ridgeback Speed R f&f, and wondering if it'd make a useable cyclocross bike. I picked it up for a tenner from fleabay a couple of years ago and had almost forgotten it was in the back of the man cave til my wife asked about it.

I originally got it to build up into a work bike. However, it turned out to be for 700c wheels, not 26". It had been wrongly listed. When I contacted the seller, he offered to take it back, but I thought I'd keep it just in case

So now I'm thinking, paint job, new decals, build it up from a road bike I was thinking of selling on, and presto; cheap, fast, light off road machine. And I can sell the road frame on. The frame is the right size(good start), well made, reasonably light(just over 4 lbs). I believe it's some sort of hybrid frame, but for some reason has crud catcher bosses on the downtube. Another reason to off road it. Has anyone on here ever had one of these, or ridden one? Can't seem to find out much about it. Maybe this post should be in the road section, but thought I'd stick it here, cos whatever it is, it's definitely post '98.

Regards

Marge

Attachments

• PicsArt_1376462090119.jpg
    PicsArt_1376462090119.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 187
Back