Any Rock Shox Experts Here ?

Sundayjumper

Specialized Fan
My wife has a 2007 FSR XC - CLICK - that I'm slowly upgrading. I want to upgrade the forks (Toras) but they're colour-coded to the frame and we want it to stay that way, there's zero chance of finding anything second hand in the right colour.

So the question is: can 2007 Tora lower legs be fitted to uppers from the same era Recon or Reba ? There's plenty of those around on ebay and if it's an easy swap it'll save the cost / hassle of getting something custom painted.

Tora and Reba use completely different internals, and as such the holes in the bottom of the lower are different as well as the general inside shape of the lower leg.

I've been toying with the Tora/Reba frankenfork idea myself, but it proved to be simply impossible.
your best bet is to get a Reba or Recon and get it painted to match the frame.

Or you could just stick with the Tora and spend a bit more time setting it up properly. A set of springs, different fork oil and if necessary some extra spacers will do miracles.
Sure, it's heavier than a Reba, but a bit of extra weight at the front isn't a bad thing really.

Back