'Cool' forks

gunner

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Just found out that I can't fit my carbon leftys to my scott strike frame as the headtube/headset stack height is too great. :cry:

So now I'm looking for alternative suggestions. I know I could track down some XL leftys but thought maybe I should consider other options as well. Key requirement - looks cool* :D

Current thoughts:
Maverick SC32
USE SUB
Pace RC40

*Yes, I know looks are subjective and the result won't necessarily be the best ride, but this isn't my main bike and I want to have some fun with it.

I can vouch for both the Mavericks and the Pace forks. Both are lovely. The USE forks are undeniably cooler looking, but weren't ever known for their reliability...

Alternatively, I've got some Magura Menjas which are pretty funky looking. I like the sound of your Leftys ;)

I think Look Fournells are a great looking fork.

al.

I should have added to my previous post:

If I had the choice between the 3 forks you mention, I'd go for the SC32s but make sure they've had the shim stack reconfigured because some sets suffered horribly from a compression spike (mine did until I had them serviced).

RC40s are lovely, lovely forks but can be a bit fragile. On the plus side, Tim from Fork English ('justbackdated' on this forum) is a God of all things Pace, and can service them for you.

The USE are some amazing looking things, but I'd imagine that spares are now pretty hard to come by.

Barneyballbags":3nc9zbgh said:
If I had the choice between the 3 forks you mention, I'd go for the SC32s but make sure they've had the shim stack reconfigured because some sets suffered horribly from a compression spike (mine did until I had them serviced).

The beauty of SC32's is that they're such a pleasure to work on as well as being easily tuneable to your requirements. This will give you some ideas anyway.
Plus you can change the travel to suit 29" or 27.5" wheels.

Back