Orange Clockwork 1999

meandmydrums

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
So this has been in the cellar waiting to be stripped down so I can build my single speed lava dome.

I can't justify having loads of bikes anymore now that I'm a father so I've stripped it down to the original parts and need some advice on best way to sell and what to expect in terms of value. Here's what's going to go:

Attachments

• Orange-Clockwork-bike.jpg
    Orange-Clockwork-bike.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 853
  • Orange-Clockwork-parts.jpg
    Orange-Clockwork-parts.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 852
17" Orange Clockwork 10th anniversary (series 7.6 individually butted tubes) + forks
WTB Speedmaster rims on Ritchey hubs with Ritchey QR spindles
Orange seatpost + QR seat clamp
Orange stem + Orange hotrod bars

I figured anyone interested would probably want all the bits together although I appreciate I may get a little more if I split.

The best way to establish a value would be to bung it on Ebay. As far as a guess goes, I'd say around £150 for the frame and forks and about another £50 if you bundle it all together. Obviously more if you split.

I can understand this.....

I've had the Clockwork for several years and enjoyed riding it even though it's probably too small for me.

What I need now is a bike I can pootle about town on, take leisurely rides out to the near countryside plus have a child seat on it and the Lava Dome is a cheap enough quality build for the purpose unlike the Clockwork which is utterly unsuitable for a child seat.

In an ideal world I'd have the space, time and financial wherewithall to be able to keep it, but for a few years I'm anticipating a one bike future without any madcap hacks around trails (sadly).

Back