BB30

Short answer on replacement for m960 is no as a bb30 doesn't have a threaded bb shell. Axle diameter is also different (I bought a bb30 crank by mistake and at the time, no adapters existed but that may have changed).

This bb30 doesnt seem to be taking off at least it seems that way to me. That and the tapered head tube :?
If you look on crc etc you can pick up fox forks with upto about 70% off because its tapered. Same with the bb30 cranksets, some lovely carbon stuff going cheap.
How have you got on with he one you have ? i mean as in the one youre taking out :)

I thought BB30 was a pair of bearing races pressed into the bottom bracket shell - it is not an external type of BB that would screw into the BB. You can buy adapters - a threaded sleeve that presses into the BB to allo fitting of external type BB. It is all very confusing with the different BB types around, not to mention quite annoying.

The one I have hasn't arrived yet. Bought a Cannondale Flash but it needs new bearings in BB and headset

You can fit Hollowtech 2 cranks to a frame with BB30 shell - there are a number of press-in adaptors available. Avoid the press-in threaded adaptor as it's semi-permanent.

Press-in threaded adapter is easy to get out if you have the right tool and a headset press!

The other type is also fine - but you need to make sure you buy the right size.

Back