Rockshox SID XX 2012 120mm - travel change?

boyReid

Dirt Disciple
Managed to find a good deal on a set of 2012 120mm SID XX's but really 100mm is the sweetspot for my frame - does anyone know if its possible to change the travel on these?
I know that you could add/remove spacers on the older Rockshox but I'm not sure about these...

Thanks,

Graham.

I had a look at the spares catalogue (p.36-38 of http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/QX..._spc_rev_c.pdf).

Looks like the parts are all the same regardless of travel and the 'all travel spacer kit' (part 3:cool: is included in the spring assembly suggesting that you can change the travel but then in the notes they say...
"6. 2012 SID 26” maximum travel setting = 120mm... Internal and chassis parts NOT compatible with SID 26” 100mm max travel.- Please note kit description travel specifications before ordering." ...which seems contradictory.

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

Are they duel air and similar internals to the 2010 ? If so I think it's possible. I increased my 80's to 100 (check my airborne thread) and now I have seen inside I could have easily taken them down to 60 (with the spacers that came in the box) and possibly even less with more spacers ...

WD :D

Thanks Killedtime - I'll maybe get back to you.

I havnt actually ordered them yet (though i think i might tomorrow - I'll sleep on it tonight. Guess i can sell them on if they're no good).

Most of the info i can find suggests they can be reduced (though it would still be nice to have a definitive answer).

Back