stans no tubes crest

Well, you need rim strips, valves, sealant and a tubeless compatible tyre, but yeah, tubeless out the box...

You'd need there conversion kit fit a standard rim. Personally I find it a bit odd that their tubeless rims need so much extra faffage to be used tubeless. The UST set up strikes me as much easier and has been from my experience.

It's great, until you do eventually succumb to a flat and realise that sealing a tyre in the rain up a trail 19 miles from civilisation isn't quite as easy as doing it on the sofa in front of Corrie, so you'll need to carry a spare tube anyway, which then kinda defeats the object.

I always carried spare tubes when I ran tubes anyhow!

My Hans Dampf's on UST Easton rims were so easy to install it really surprised me; no washing up liquid needed, no compressor just a track pump ad they seated fine. I use JRA wheel milk to deal with any thorns etc. So far the set up has been pretty reliable the only issue I have had is burping the rear when running super low pressures.

For me the positives of tubeless far out weigh the negatives.

Of course not. The wheel sealant should deal with any thorns etc and if the sidewall gets shredded, I'll whack a tube in. Same as if I ran tubes.

The upshot is lower pressures, more grip, less weight etc. Tubes are an emergency measure.

Mindmap3":1yxrs3u0 said:
You'd need there conversion kit fit a standard rim. Personally I find it a bit odd that their tubeless rims need so much extra faffage to be used tubeless. The UST set up strikes me as much easier and has been from my experience.

I also think its a faf as you shouldn't have to buy an additional £50 kit to make a"tubeless" rim tubeless.

Back