RC300 fork options

Gordie

Geoff Capes
Does anyone have any suggestions of fork options to use with a Pace RC300?

Looking for something around 80mm as I think that's what the frame was designed around (that maybe wrong?).

There's not much in the way of 80mm forks anymore with a straight steerer.

I was thinking something along the lines of...

Rock Shox SID Worldcup
DT Swiss XRM 100 XC

I've had pace forks in the past (RC150) and wasn't a big fan, are the newer RC36/38/39's any better/more reliable?

Any suggestions welcomed :D

Haven't got my RC300 manual to hand but I'm 99.9% sure that the frame is set up for 100mm travel forks, thats what I'm running on mine.
In my opinion a Pace frame should have Pace (or DT Swiss) carbon forks as it just looks right.

I've had a couple of pairs of RC39 forks, gold stanchions & black stanchions, and never had a problem with reliability. The DT Swiss XRM100 forks are basically the same design as RC39's but I would go with carbon forks, they look tricker ;)

Ah that's interesting, opens up more options.

There's always the DT Swiss XRC 100 which is carbon. I guess the pace are better priced though used.

Were gold stanchions standard on a particular model?

The gold stanchions were fitted to the earlier editions of the RC39 style forks, later models are black the same as the DT Swiss version.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What about some Fox forks? I'm currently using Fox F80RLT on my RC200 and I'm really impressed with them, 80mm travel, light, and stiff, and they don't look out of place on the Pace frame imo.
I've had the 63mm travel Pace RC38's in the past and they were smooth and light, but I can appreciate the extra bit of travel from the F80's.

Personally I'd be looking at Fox, Pace/DT Swiss, or some Rock Shox SID's, something light and no more than 100mm travel.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I think i'll keep a look out for a set of decent RC39's and go from there.

I fancy some HED XC wheels too.

Back