STOLEN BIKE! Maverick ML75 stolen in Brussels

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Hi everyone,
My first posting in a while, and not a happy one! At some point between about 10am Saturday June 1 and 10pm Monday June 3 somebody broke into my cellar and stole a bike. I suppose I can be slightly relived that only one was taken, but of course it was the best one - and the rarest and most valuable.

The bike is a Maverick ML7/5 with 'upside down' SUC fork. Maverick as a brand didn't really take off over here in Benelux so mine would be one of a very limited number in Belgium - and quite possibly the only one. I've not had the bike all that long and can't track down any photos so I've scanned the web and am attaching here one that's the closest match to my bike.

The bike has all the highly distinctive features of a Maverick: strongly curved seat tube and super-relaxed seat angle, shock arrangement largely concealed in the rear triangle, so-called 'monolink' plate linking the frame and swingarm, the 'upside down' fork without a brace. Mine is the same colour as this one, dark grey with blue decals. I'm sure you'll recognise it instantly if it rocks up at a bike shop near you anywhere in Europe, so please do keep an eye open. I stress again that the one pictured is NOT my bike, but it looks a lot like it apart from spec details.

Besides the M-sized frame/swingarm/shock/fork/front wheel, the transmission and drivetrain is all 9-speed XT, and the brakes are silver Formula Oro K24.

Rear wheel is Hope Pro 2 on Mavic, front rim also Mavic, and Conti tyres F and R.

Stem and seatpost are Thomson Elite, bar is Easton Monkeybar, saddle is WTB, pedals are Crank Bros Candy.

I'm posting this very much in hope rather than expectation, but a distinctive bike like this might catch someones eye if offered for sale or brought in to a workshop. It certainly needed a brake service, and quite likely suspension as well.

I've got all the usual ebay searches up and am routinely checking pinkbike, troc-velo etc. Any further suggestions of forum or other alleys to pursue are greatly appreciated. I'm a bit slow posting this as I'm away with work a bit too much these days.

Cheers to all, and keep your bikes safe!

Gareth.

Attachments

• Maverick ML75.jpg
    Maverick ML75.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 433
Considering the nature of the bike, I doubt it'll stay local. If it hits the road over here and I see it, I will recognize it.

As for other sites to check : Kapaza, 2dehands.be, koopjeskrant. No idea what their Walloon counterparts are called.

Back