A2z adaptor, support brace available?

naboo

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, posted in the mtb -97 section before, I'm new to retrobikes and am currently fixing up a 96 hahanna and finishing off my 2003 firemountain. Been on a budget and both bikes were in a right state, the parts I've fitted haven't been top end stuff, but they've improved the bike and cost me very little!

I've taken the clearcoat off of the firemountain and am leaving it raw, I binned off the suntour fork and fitted a marzocchi mz3, not the greatest fork in the world but it was tidy, allows for a disc mount, and cost 22quid. I managed to get hold of a couple of disc compatible rims, one of which was part of a £25 job lot that included the hahanna, quite quickly I've found myself catching the retrobike bug!

Anyhow, I got my hands on some tektro hydraulic brakes with rotors, I've fitted them using an a2z rear adaptor and I'm actually quite happy with them, they're good enough to stop me anyway. My question is is there a brace available similar to that on the brake therapy kits that would fit the a2z and the old brake stud, giving some added strength and preventing the backwards rotation the a2zs suffer with ?

Cheers

Cheers, would the clip fit the biggest Allen key at the top and then to the seat stay?

Looked around could probably source some threaded bar fairly easily and the rose joints are cheaper than t thought!

Any ideas on routing the rear hose through the cable stops? I've filed them out and managed to get the hoses to fit fairly snug in the old stops, but was wondering what others had done for something more secure?

Back