disc brake mounts problem,with pics.

corsarob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i have just replaced the front shockers on my cannondale f6,new and old are both suntour but the old mechanical caliper is too short for the mounts on the new forks,can i buy a bracket to bridge the gap or do i have to buy a new caliper?
i am new to all this disc brake malarky. :shock: :shock:

Re: disc brake mounts?

Yup, you can get adaptors to allow you to adjust the caliper position for various sizes of rotors.

great,but its not the rotor size thats the problem,its the posts on the new forks are too far apart to attach my caliper back on if you know what i mean??? :eek: :eek:

corsarob":3fx3s6b4 said:
great,but its not the rotor size thats the problem,its the posts on the new forks are too far apart to attach my caliper back on if you know what i mean??? :eek: :eek:

Ah right, that's what I thought you meant, so are both fork and caliper post mount then?

well the original forks had to use a bracket for the caliper to be facing the right way,but the new ones are on a post,so i removed the bracket and just thought it would to put the caliper straight on the posts,but the original threads are about 1cm closer together than the new forks,does that make any sense??

Don't suppose you could post a pic showing your dilemma?

Back