Disk brake compatibility question

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Well, Kinda.

Essentially, I want to run 2 calipers from one brake lever.

In order to get adequate pad travel, I need to find a lever that will move twice as much fluid as the calipers would normally need.

Anyone know how much fluid different models of brake move? Any suggestions for a combo that would work?

:?: :?: :?:

I was going to say Hope v-twin remote resevoir, but thats for cable-->hydraulic... :?

If you use 2 x 2 pot(2 piston) calipers would a lever from a 4 pot(4 piston) caliper work?
ie. Use 2 mono mini caliper and a DH4 lever.
I can't say for sure it will work but the DH4 lever moves double the number of pistons so(in my head at least :LOL: ) it must move double the amount of fluid :D

it is about piston area - ^^^^^^ don't assume that having 2 or 3 pairs of pistons means more fluid is moved than for 1 pair - I am pretty sure that Magura Marta calliper pistons is larger than Shimano XT 4 pot.

Ypou really need to get mearuments of piston diameter and take it from there.

would it not be easier to bond two levers together on the side you need

if you run both off one line with a t connection, if one fails they both fail

didnt hope do a hub and caliper set up that went on a set of bomber forks with disc mounts either side ?

think the forks were white ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back