help frame number id,kona ?pics up,now id,ed

bulldog

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
ok my mate has a frame i had a quick look at it,it looks like cin or lava to me dark green,not got pic yet

frame number is f5091677 get pic soon as

cheers ;)

Re: frame number id,kona ?

i was thinking 94/95 but was the 3 cable mounts on later 98/99ish also the cutout line on the seat post tube is at the back not the front,the bridge on the back stays is curved not straight :?:

Re: help frame number id,kona ?

f509 I believe means Fairly welded 1995 Sept, which dates it as a 1996 model.
Explosif was H .. And you would recognise a 95 or 96 max-or one.
Over to pictures and someone with definite info.

Though a quick image search brings the Cindy up and as pale metallic colour.
Respray possible?

Re: help frame number id,kona ?

the bike is now mrs bulldogs,spears box special :LOL: for comfort :oops: ,will try to get some pics up sunday,be nice to id it ;)

thanks for the info :D

Re: help frame number id,kona ?pics up

I'm a bit apprehensive to say (hate to be the bearer of bad news) but that doesn't look like any Kona to me, especially from the mid '90's
(happy to be corrected though :D )

Strange about the frame number as it is familiar :?

That's had work done it. So must have a respray.

Of course I'm in bright light with these damn glossy screens. Top tube rear brake mounts, extra widget thing and bent seat stay brace...make me confused.
What does it say on the rear dropouts?

Not to mention the frame angle's are waaay out

A measurement of the seat tube would help, but looking at it it would be safe to guess that maybe it's 18", maybe a bit more? If that is the case than the headtube looks very short
An 18" Kona frame from the mid '90's has a 110mm head tube with a 19" being a bit longer (130mm if I remember right)
The head tube on this bike look's very short with top tube and down tube almost converging

Back