Floating rotors, who's using what?

jimplops

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thinking of changing to floating rotors on my mono minis, anyone using different brands than hope, seen clarkes and superstar do them, but what's being used and any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

Not such a big fan of the saw ones so running the round hope ones on one of my bikes. Don't like superstar and clarkes do the same as them anyway.
The a2z ones are very nice or try ashima. Barely and difference but bling points.

I have the Saw ones in combination with a set of Formula RX brakes (RX20 to be specific, but they use the same basic parts).

Not too pleased with the setup. The rotor's rings would keep touching the calipers and the washers whenever I tried to set them up just right.
I eventually decided to file away parts of said calipers and washers to create the necessary clearance.
Also, the original Formula discs had much more bite than the Saw ones. That being said, the Saws don't warp and the originals required constant truing.

Cheers,

Having had a mooch around, may end up sticking with hope floaters, but that may change, just need to check size tomorrow.

My mates using 203 superstar ones and he loves em
Bought some 180/160 ones myself at the same time but not.fitted them.yet

Using Hope Saw rotors (183/160), no problems with them at all, work just fine, used mainly for xc riding.

Back