Clearance issues.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
How much clearance is acceptable between crank arm and stay? I have about 1-2mm on drive side but plenty on non drive side.

I've ran that close on, my old bike for decades and not had problems. Though it was the same on both sides. (M900 and un90 for the OK nfo)
Some people just feel happier with more.
Though if the arm are off centred I would check chain line and if you can centralise it even better.

Setup info might help?

Ok its raceface atlas cranks with blackspire nsx? chain device and hope bb on my morewood shova st.

I had a Klein and the cranks were probably as close as yours. Never got any contact. Worth keeping an eye on though, especially if you're giving the bike some stick (jumping and what not).

Yeah its my am bike. The frame is slightly out where it got cracked and then re welded so im hoping its that and that it wont catch.

Could you not just bang another spacer on the Bottom Bracket on the short side? Assuming there is enough thread on the bottom bracket? You said there was plenty on non drive side.

I reckon you'll be fine. My BFe doesn't have much clearance in the name of a decent chain line and so far it's been fine. The chainring is mega close to the chainstays.

If you moved an axle spacer over from the none drive side would it ruin your chain line?

Back