formula R1 brakes poor piston movement 2012 model UPDATE

adlyhobart

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i posted before about getting badly uneven piston movement on my new R`1 racing brakes. from new one piston did pretty much all the movement on either caliper so was getting rubbing constantly. i sent them back to formula in italy under warranty and told them of the problem. they came back from formula in exactly the same condition so it cost me £30 in postage fees to get nowhere! by this time i was getting very cheesed off and had the horrible feeling i was going to be lumbered with expensive crap brakes. i couldnt sell them on as it would have been unfair on buyer and given up getting formula to repair them. formula italy then told me to send them to silver fish in the uk to cut down on postage costs, i foolishly thought they might reimburse me but no that didnt happen. after sending pictures of calipers with one cup sitting right out and the other back to zero the chap at silverfish agreed that there was clearly an issue from what he could see so that was a relief that someone was agreeing with me. i sent them to silverfish and they was back to me within seven days, they had replaced all rubber parts and had got the pistons to both work at same rate and they was retracting properly. !!!!!! hoorah!!!

shame it had to be such a long and expensive deal for me but having a set of perfect working order R`1,s at long last was such a relief it cushioned the blow somewhat. nice to have my faith restored in formula brakes as up until this set i was a big fan and had several sets of R1`s which had all performed perfectly. all is well again!

Always good to hear some positive remarks re after sales service as I all too often hear the reverse!,just about to Google silverfish .. :) and mental note made about Formula brakes,,
Mark

Italians is poor after sales shocker! I think anyone who has had an Alfa or Fiat will probably sympathise with you.

Glad to hear that you got them sorted. Silverfish have always been really helpful when I've had issues or queries - definitely one of the better distributors.

Back