Happy Story - Bike recovery

Olliepen

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So - Tuesday, ride my specialized langster into town to go out for dinner, lock the bike up outside restaurant at 2030, leave the restaurant at 2230 and some cheeky so and so decides that he is going to have my bike away.... gutted.

Friday - poking around on Gumtree to see if this guy is stupid enough to advertise my bike on the interweb and low and behold my bike appears advertised for £200, couple of text messages to this dum a33 and a few phone calls to the police and a "sting" operation is arranged for Saturday afternoon at the local train station - at 1415 a policeman walk onto the train station wheeling my bike and asks me to confirm that its mine! half and hour later after a quick statement I'm riding home on my bike - totally over the moon!!!

Just been updated by the police and they have confiscated nine other bikes and arrested three people - happy days!

Admittedly - it might have been a slow day in the office - but really pleased with the actions of the local police on this.

Must not take nice bike out in the evening again!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's a great story - it's nice when something like that has a happy ending :D

I wish the West Mercia police were that proactive when my bike got nicked! :roll:

That's good news for once.

I'm amazed at how stupid this chap was; sounds like an opportunist rather than a pro bike thief.

Latest posts

Back