Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:36 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 871
Location: London
Have a look at the roof box company, www.roofbox.co.uk their website is very informative and they sell spares too.

FWIW, we have Thule 591 racks now and they're great, you can hold the bike with one hand and operate the locking mechanism with the other.

Never tried the Mont Blanc racks but I would just say that the wheel mounts on the Thule 591 slide along which is very handy if you have various bikes with different wheel/frame sizes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Durham
I was just about to ask that question Twister. The Barracuda dont look adjustable. My son is only on a Specialized 24. Its nearly to small but can wait till Xmas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:27 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2679
Location: Norfolkshire
reconminicon wrote:
I was just about to ask that question Twister. The Barracuda dont look adjustable. My son is only on a Specialized 24. Its nearly to small but can wait till Xmas.


It will fit fully adjustable :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:35 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm
Posts: 1180
Location: In the Garage in Somerset
Funny this, i'm just doing this myself. I've got a focus and decided to get genuine roof bars for mine as they would be the best most secure fit on the roof. I then went for the Thule 591 (pair) as they have the locking facility Jussa mentioned.

I went for the twin pack that cost be £150 on Ebay, but you can pick up a pair of separate units for £130 or about £75 each. I went for the twin pack so the keys were the same.

I'm fitting this weekend!.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:56 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Durham
All cool then. If thats the case Jussa I will go for the Barracudas. Get a pair on eBay for about 110-120. They look as though they just clip over the square roof bars nicely with a quick release? Looking at YouTube. Just need to find some bars..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 871
Location: London
matt24777 wrote:
Funny this, i'm just doing this myself. I've got a focus and decided to get genuine roof bars for mine as they would be the best most secure fit on the roof. I then went for the Thule 591 (pair) as they have the locking facility Jussa mentioned.

I went for the twin pack that cost be £150 on Ebay, but you can pick up a pair of separate units for £130 or about £75 each. I went for the twin pack so the keys were the same.

I'm fitting this weekend!.....


Again, roofbox co sell multiple key and lock barrel sets so you can have 1 key to match any number of racks. They send you a master plus matching barrels and keys and you return them your old keys and barrels.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Durham
The Barracudas came today Jussa. Over the moon with them. Good call. Shop said they wernt adjustable but I took your word for it.
Thx Byron


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 2679
Location: Norfolkshire
reconminicon wrote:
The Barracudas came today Jussa. Over the moon with them. Good call. Shop said they wernt adjustable but I took your word for it.
Thx Byron


Hi Byron, glad to help, one of the reasons I love this forum, it's a great source of info and real reviews and experiences from like minded Retrobikers :)

Jussa :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Durham
Agreed. Peace out.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cce and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group