One word for you...

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ZEE!!!

I don't normally write things like this but i love my new rear mech. Got the 11-36 range model and it's brilliant. The compact design, the clutch mechanism and the price make it my favourite rear mech (and i've used most of them). If you're in the market for a new one, and particularly if you ride with a single chainring, then look no further. Paired with a saint shifter it works beautifully.

It's the future, grandad.

It keeps hhe mech arm stiff so keeping the chain tensioned and so stopping it coming off. No need for chain devices except on most extreme circumstances.

wynne":2s1mjmot said:
It's the future, grandad.

It keeps hhe mech arm stiff so keeping the chain tensioned and so stopping it coming off. No need for chain devices except on most extreme circumstances.

Well, I still don't know what it is, but now I strangely want one... ;)

Hmmm, well my shadow combo has been brilliant so far though I still need to clean all that organic cement off it all!...

Totally agree, I've got the XT Shadow+ rear mech on the Mojo and the clutch thats built into the rear mech works beautifully.
It eliminates chain slap by limiting the movement of the mech arm and keeping the chain taught and shifting down the cog gives a reassuringly positive, almost instant, clunk.

The clutch mechanism can be switched on or off by flicking the little grey plastic switch (on the front of the mech) up or down
8478874992_15a39ed74f_c.jpg

^^^ I have seen that type of mech and wondered what the circular blob is all about. to save me googling, can you explain how the clutch works (as opposed to having a strong spring).

To be honest I don't know exactly how it works but from looking at the mechanism I think it's a ratchet that is attached to the spring and when you move the switch to the on position it locks the spring out

Good stuff. I've heard a lot of people saying that that combo is great. The Saint shifter seems very popular because of its more positive action compared to some of the other Shimano shifters.

Being a Sram man, I'd quite like an X9 clutch mech but am too tight to cough up for one yet. CRC need to discount them a bit more yet!

Back