Scammed on Marktplaats, god damn it!

Wasmachineman NL

Senior Retro Guru
Long story short: I brought a Talas 32 RLC, The advert said it was recently serviced, but after I opened to look at the oil, it looked like milk, and one of the seals is leaking too, What should I do? I did PayPal Gift, so I can't get the money back.

Wasmachineman NL":3viire1r said:
I did PayPal Gift, so I can't get the money back.

There's your problem. Never ever ever ever ever (I just can't stress this enough) use PP Gift when dealing with people you don't know. Too late in your case, but perhaps it can be a warning to others.

You could try to contact the seller. If it's a honest mistake, you could probably come to an agreement. However that sounds unlikely.

Contact the buyer and see if you can come to some sort of arrangement.
"Recently" serviced, that could mean over a year ago, have you any proof (ie a receipt for the work) that they were serviced?

Unlucky dude. As others have said, there's not much you can do. I'm not going to preach about PayPal gift because I use it a lot for all purchases outside of eBay. I've been lucky with everything so far but will no doubt get screwed at some point.

A service will costs around £100. I'd contact the seller and ask for that amount back or at least a contribution. Where did you buy them from?

Well, I first need to get the steerer tube swapped over (my dad knows someone with a hydraulic press so I can remove a steerer from some dead fox forks and press them in my talas), will service it later.

Wasmachineman NL":1szoaklz said:
Well, I first need to get the steerer tube swapped over (my dad knows someone with a hydraulic press so I can remove a steerer from some dead fox forks and press them in my talas), will service it later.

How were you planning to remove the steerer?

Aslo is it possible to press out the steer and then press in a new one without damage to the steerer?

02gf74":2by2njae said:
Wasmachineman NL":2by2njae said:

How were you planning to remove the steerer?

Aslo is it possible to press out the steer and then press in a new one without damage to the steerer?
Pull it out with the press and then redo it with a longer steerer, Fox says you should do NOT do it, but they say it, they don't say its illegal, but I am gonna ship the forks back and save for the SC32+wheelset.

Back